Thursday, December 09, 2004

Nothing Says Christmas Like...

Nothing says Christmas like a big steel bolt right in the crotch.

It seems this fad of putting up giant blow up Santas, Snowmen, Reindeer, and Christmas Trees in your front yard is more than catching on. I see at least 5 or 6 dozen of them on the way home from work.

The newest member to join this club is the blow up Polar Bear.

Now obviously, these things need to be secured. I've seen them tied to trees, duct-taped to the side of the house, tied to stakes in the yard, but until the Polar Bear started to appear had I ever seen one nailed to the ground by it's hoo-ha.

It's quite obvious, even just glancing in its general direction, how the inflated beast is managing to stay on the ground; it's quite the obscene sight. You would think the manufacturer would have found a better place to attach it.

Oh, and before I forget, the poor Polar Bears do not have the winning Christmas smiles of their counterparts. Their faces have tiny little pursed lips which seem to suggest that the ground attachment procedure was not very pleasant. I can't say as I blame them...my lips would be pursed too.

No comments: