Tuesday, December 28, 2004

G.R.I.T.S. -- (Great Rhetoric In The South)

I'm writing a quick note from North Carolina tonight. Liz and I got in Monday afternoon, after almost dying in Pittsburgh. The roads were the slickest we've ever seen them, and even at 9 degrees, we were still sweating bullets and had the windows down to cool off! The normal, three hour trip to Pittsburgh took 5 1/2 hours, so we stopped in Canonsburg, 30 minutes (more like two hours...) south. We found a room at the Super 8 motel (room number 233...the same number that Mary told Barbara in a dream...) and by the next morning the roads were clear.

We did Christmas with our family on Monday night, and then got together with teachers from school on Tuesday night at the Mexican restaurant. (I'll post pictures when we get back to Buffalo...) We had lunch today at our favorite Chinese restaurant, and the owners even gave us some frozen stuff to take back with us.

Tomorrow, we are eating Japanese...completing our internationally flavored whirlwind tour of Kannapolis. I stocked up on Grits and Cherry Lemon Sun Drop and am already thinking about my next visit in March.

We also went over and saw the house, cleaning the algae off of the siding, and dusting the interior. It was bittersweet, but hopefully it will sell soon.

It's going to be close to 70 here by Friday, so we are at least grateful that it is still Winter in Buffalo. They are getting some snow tonight before the heat wave that will bring temps into the upper 30's, lower 40's.

We are leaving on Thursday, and I'll put up some pictures when we get back to Buffalo. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas...I know I did! More this weekend! Have a good night!

-Mike

No comments: