Sunday, October 17, 2004

A Little Winter Weather...

It's been raining here since Thursday, with temperatures hovering between the mid-30's to the mid-40's. Skies have been gray, everything's damp, and the mood here is generally melancholy...until the sleeting started.

Sleet changed my mood dramatically, and caused me to start getting up every five minutes to watch for it to collect on the ground. It also caused an increase in the amount of time I watched the Weather Channel on TV, or logged on to the Weatherchannel.com website. (Every ten minutes as opposed to my normal hourly check-in...as if the weather could take a turn for the worst at any given second.)

The sleet simply mixed with the rain, though, and even though wet flurries were a possibility in the forecast, I never saw them.

This little taste of Winter, though, has bolstered my hopes for having a White Halloween, something I've never before experienced.

No comments: