Friday, October 15, 2004

Friday Night Thoughts...

I saw a license plate today that read: THKUDALE or "Thank You Dale." At first, I didn't know what it said, but when I looked over the rest of the car and saw not just one "#3" sticker, but 4, one of which had angel wings, I knew I was looking at a lost soul. Little did the woman know that someone from Kannapolis was right behind her. At the next light, when I pulled up next to her, she had short little pigtails on the side of her head, and had to be about 45-50 years old. Under her rearview mirror was another #3, dangling. I wanted to ask her what she was thanking Dale Earnhardt for, but between the hair, the mirror ornament, and a significant portion of the car's ceiling hanging down in the back seat--billowing in the wind, I didn't think she would be much of a conversationilist.

I guess you can never truly get away from it.

On a side note: I rarely drink caffeine anymore. Without bothering to check the caffeine content, I've been drinking A LOT of the diet Cheerwine that my brother Adam sent up here. I thought the heart palpitations were a bit odd, but coupled with getting up every morning at 3:00 AM, ready for the day, I figured something was up. Diet Cheerwine is FULL of caffeine, but oh, is it good. I've not had any today, and am going to try to sleep through the night.

Other than that, not much is going on...except for the very backwoods stylings of some of our more zealous neighbors, and their Halloween decorating habits. I can't wait to see what Christmas is going to bring!

No comments: