Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fan Club...

Liz and I are in Kannapolis this week visiting everybody and discovered that the Blog has quite a following. Janice Carty, Unofficial Blog Fan Club President, informed us that she looks at the Blog daily. Well, in the vein of Anheiser-Busch...Janice, "This Post's For You!"

We went to both Kannapolis Intermediate School and Kannapolis Middle School to see everybody and we also got to see a lot of the kids. They're so OLD now...we hardly recognized them. I asked if they were behaving themselves and making good grades and they said yes, though I think some of them weren't telling the whole truth! (Janice, maybe in your new role you can get the real truth out of them and shape them up before our next visit!)

Liz and I have decided to rename both schools. Something around "The Jenny Craig School of Excessive Walking" should do it. I'm sitting now with my shoes off from the miles of miles of walking we did at both schools. One of my toes is in critical condition and will have to be observed overnight. I'll let you know if we need the paddles.

We've also got to go up to Rowan County now because Bernard Waugh whispered magic words to Liz: KITTENS. They also evidently have a baby duck with a mohawk because they let their wild children pick wild pets. The last pets they got, the pigs, are now in the freezer in parts, and I'm fully expecting that come our summer visit, we'll be at the Waugh's enjoying Kitten Duck Pie. These people have a nasty habit of eating pets and other wildlife. I'm sure there's a haiku in there somewhere. (No offense Bernard...we're just not the "Raccoon Lasagna" type, no matter how much ketchup you have. Although, it just dawned on me that if you come to visit us, you can have ALL the meat trolling around our attic and backyard...FOR FREE!)

We took some pictures, which I'll add when we get back. I forgot to bring the cable that hooks the camera to the computer. You'd think with all the money we spend on technology that SOMEBODY would fix it so that cables are just attached. I can barely remember to bring clothes and a hairbrush when we travel, so peripherally valuable cords are absolutely out of my mind, and thus beyond my control.

When we get back to Buffalo, I'll also be loading pictures of the amorous Ducks that were making out in our front yard when we left. It's not enough that these animals live there, but now they're making a brothel out of our evergreens. The feathers were really flying, though, ABSOLUTELY NO PUN INTENDED! I'm thinking of opening up a branch of Mutual of Omaha...because we live IN the Wild Kingdom!

Take care...it was good seeing everyone. We'll have new stuff up again in a few days!

1 comment:

FarmerW said...

Mike, Remember when you and Liz came over for dinner? Lasagna night, remember? And I assume you are now remembering the stories of how I dispatched the coons bothering my chickens? Do the math!

Succulent wild game
Mike and Liz don't want to name
Waugh's coon lasagna!