Thursday, December 20, 2007

Twas the Day Before Christmas Vacation

Twas the day before Christmas
Vacation at school.
The kids were all wild,
With holiday fuel.

From cupcakes and cookies
To candies and pie
The sugar level was running
Ten miles high!

Then there was me
Waiting just one more day
Until we were off
Until past New Year's Day.

But before we could leave
Before I could rest,
I must announce the winner of
The CT Christmas Contest.

After sifting through entries
A winner shone through
Mrs. Tracy, the champion
She knew every clue!

I delievered her prize
And she thanked me with hugs.
But later was back
With a frown on her mug.

It seems that her candy
Had gone quite amiss
Within the container
That once contained bliss.

The wrappers were there
But the candy was not
We could not figure out
To where it had got (ten...)

After careful deep thought
We discovered the louse
That had eaten it all
Took the form of a mouse.

It ate chocolate kisses
And chocolate bars too,
Peanut Butter Cup Trees,
And it left behind poo.

Dolores was gracious,
She held empty wrappers
And said, "that's okay"
'Least my kids aren't the nappers!

She sanitized the rest
Of the prizes she won,
And she'll use them I'm sure,
Without coming undone.

As for the mouse,
I'm sure he's quite glad
He had a two week chocolate
Buffet, that's not bad!

These mice are so tricky,
But the lesson's been learned:
Don't leave the food where
The mice can return.


Addendum:
I'm sorry Dolores,
But you're such a good sport
I sense a fresh prize
Of the edible sort.
This one will be,
And I can guarantee,
Completely, 100%
Mouse free!

No comments: