Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lily and the Valentine's Day Snowstorm...

We've said it all along, particularly in the last few months of warmer Winter weather, that we would get hammered by the snow the moment that Lily arrives. It's too bad we didn't bet any money, maybe we'd have seen the same blizzard in greenbacks!

It turned out to be a pretty good Valentine's Day, though, as we got to bring Miss Lily home. Liz had a little infection yesterday that prevented a Tuesday homecoming, but today we got the all clear. Lily was perfect in the car, and snug as a bug in a rug. We didn't get home until late, but my Mom had made chicken parmesan and it was waiting on us when we got home. My parents are supposed to go back on Saturday, but I'm hoping for another blizzard that will keep them here a little longer.

I'm adding a few pictures of coming home from the hospital, we'll see what the night brings as far as what stories I'll have to tell about Lily's first night in her own bed. (Well, actually, she's sleeping in the bed that my mother slept in when she was a baby, as well as her sisters, my brother, my sister, and I, and many others in our family...)

More tomorrow--with more pictures of the grandparents trying to see who can spoil her the most. Good night! (I hope!)

By the way:

The first picture here is of Liz's OB/GYN, who delivered the baby, Dr. Weissman. The next one is of Liz and the baby in her "Coming Home" outfit. We then see Liz and Lily in the car, with her mommy and daddy at home, and finally in the crib where is currently, hopefully sleeping for at least the next two hours.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see her!