Saturday, December 31, 2005

Whitish Christmas and White New Year

The snow had started to melt for Christmas Day, but it was still mostly white. New Year's Day looks to be in better shape, as we got about an inch or so of new snow today. We just got in from a trip down south, so expect pictures soon. It was kind of a whirlwind trip, but it was nice to see everyone. It was especially nice to get Office Products for Christmas from everyone! I think Liz and I could open our own Office Max! (We would call it Mike Max though...) We've got to figure out a way to get our school system to have a couple of weeks off at Christmas...so that we can savor our Christmas moments a little better.

In other news...I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I've been nominated for a Disney Teacher Award. I'm working on the portfolio today to send out early next week. If I end up being one of the 40 honorees, Liz and I get to go to LA for a reception, then to DisneyWorld for a week next October, and I could also win $10,000! (American Express and Citibank would LOVE that!)

No comments: