Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Modern Nativity...

So, I saw something today that I've never seen before: Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus, attended by the "modern" version of the Wise Men: Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa. However, the house that I observed this at normally has yard and porch decorations that include the entire Flintstone and Rubble Families, as well as Garfield and the Pink Panther. Thematically, I'm still trying to figure them out, but aesthetically, it's quite pleasing in a Southern sort of way. At least there are no pink flamingos!

Additionally, my father emailed pictures of his decorations, being sure to point out how much more superior they were to mine and Liz's. However, he has like 100 years more experience, so one would expect a certain higher level of accomplishment. I'll catch up eventually. Note the sunny landscape and green grasses...we won't be seeing that in Buffalo again until April. At least.









No comments: