Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mike Of All Trades...

I did something tonight that I've never done before: fixed a toilet by replacing the refill valve. It only took three hours to do what most people could probably finish in about 10 minutes, but now that it is done...the sense of accomplishment makes the overtime insignificant. I almost called Doug when I couldn't get the water reattached, but I finally got it. Did I mention that the toilet's been broken for over a week? I've just been turning the water on when it's time to flush, hoping the problem would fix itself. It didn't. Also, my repair was only $6.99, versus the $150 we would have paid if we had called someone. I feel empowered, but it won't last long...for now I've got to go and clean the kitchen. There's always something to do...

No comments: