Thursday, November 17, 2005

My First Snow Related Injury...

I guess this was inevitable.

Last night, during LOST, it started snowing. The messages across the screen were saying "Lake Effect Snow - 2 to 4 inches." I was very excited, but after LOST, went to bed. I dreamed about the snow, and woke up 15 minutes before the alarm went off, so that I could check to see how much snow we actually got.

The house was completely dark.

I got out of bed and walked into the den, completely blind--I could see nothing. In my excitement, I forgot that the large wooden tray that usually sits on our ottoman had been placed in the floor. When I kicked it, I was startled, and felt myself falter. To regain my balance, I stepped fully in the tray into a small dish of M&M's. Unfortunately, the tray nor the dish helped in regaining my footing and I went down like Ollie North in the Iran Contra trial.

I first landed on my right hand and knee, while my left side ricocheted off the couch into the ottoman. It was Pinball like affect on my journey to the floor. I yelled, woke Liz up, and stayed on the floor for a moment. (I hadn't yet seen the snow.) Liz came to check on me, I got up, ticked off that I had fallen, and reached across the couch to part the blinds, revealing:

Absolutely not a damn thing.
The little bit of snow we got last night was it, and even that had melted. There wasn't a flake to be seen. However, 2 miles south got 6 inches. Where is the fairness in that?

Needless to say, this all boils down to me having a snow-related injury, even though there wasn't actually any snow. I'm very sore now, and the Tylenol is wearing off. I may need to call in sick tomorrow, depending on how much sympathy I get later this evening.

TTFN,

-Mike

No comments: