Sunday, July 17, 2005

Mischief Managed...

I just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Of course, it was fantastic, and I can't wait to read the next one.

There were many mythological and religious references in this one...Rowling's done her homework. I'm surprised at the number of people that find the books evil; there are many allegorical tales within the book that mirror bibilical stories. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if I see in the next book that the character who dies in this book somehow rises again. It would fit into themes Rowling has already established. Speaking of themes, I'm going to have to reread the entire series again, I think, as the number 7 has become crucially important, and I'm thinking I've overlooked something that could be a great clue as to what will happen in the next book.

Good Night For Now...if you haven't read the book yourself, go and get it! It's incredible!

No comments: