Sunday, January 06, 2008

Gastric Update...

Well, I'm down 100 pounds. I put the same shirt on that I took my "Before" picture in to see the difference...I can see it, and I can feel it in my clothes, but I wish that it looked a little more dramatic. I guess looking at myself everyday, I just don't see it as much, but others do. I specifically like that the Quasimodo-like hump is gone already. I can see the bones and veins in my hands, my waist has shrunk almost 10 inches, and my butt is becoming a bag of Jell-O. I've got another 100-130 pounds left to lose, but I am no longer Morbidly Obese. I'm just regular Obese. (Doesn't that sound like Oh, Beast?!?) If I lost another 100, I'll be the size I was when I was a junior in high school. If I lose up to 130...I think I'll weigh what I weighed in 3rd grade. Either way, I'm off the blood pressure meds, the diabetes meds, and I'd LOVE to be off the asthma meds, but I'm still on them for at least a little while longer. The diabetes and blood pressure being gone are well worth the surgery...I would do it again in a second! It really hasn't been difficult, except for that damn elliptical machine at the gym. I started at like 2 minutes on that thing and today I did 25. I could probably do 30 or 40, but I like walking on the treadmill too. Overall, though, things are good. This was a good decision.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike... AWESOME progress! You are my idol! I hope I can be even 1/2 as successful on my journey! 100 pounds... WOWWWWWWW!!! Thanks for being such a good buddy to me... You're making my "trip" much easier!

Katie, Lilly's Cyber Grandma!

Anonymous said...

ooops! Make that "LILY'S" Cyber Grandma...

Anonymous said...

Man! You've lost one whole closet door panel!

EN said...

Mike, you look great--keep up the good work! ;-) Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Mike..way to go! You look great. Better get ready to dance with me :)
Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is the first I've checked out your blog since your surgery. WOW! I'm so excited for you. Just remember...it's alot of hard work and alot of trial and error. I'm here anytime you need to talk! (Since I've been there myself) You look great! Tell Liz hi. And Lily...what a cutie! Miss you guys!