Monday, November 27, 2006

Family Thanksgiving!

Well, we had a VERY relaxed holiday meal...or at least as relaxed as it could be with me strung out on muscle relaxers for my back. I've been taking them during the day without many side effects, but guess what happens when you combine them with a little wine..........COMA! I was almost asleep just after dinner despite the fact that everyone else was having such a good time. My parents and sister came up from the Carolinas to join us, and Walter and his sister came, along with Aunt Patty, John, and Patty's brother Dennis. We had an excellent dinner, including Liz's Sweet Potato Casserole, a recipe she ripped off of the Food Network. It turned out to be my favorite thing! (Followed closely by the Macaroni and Cheese my mother made...) We're still trying to finish it all and I'm looking to be done by Tuesday. However, I don't think the homemade cheesecake my sister made is going to last another hour...I'm feeling a snack coming on. Speaking of cheesecake, Siobhan liked it so much that she put her whole face in the dish and was covered in it. She looked up and said, "uh oh," then continued munching away! You can see in the picture below that she got a little wild with the Buffalo Chicken dip too...





















No comments: