Thursday, June 08, 2006

Best Compliment Ever!

I let kids borrow stuff all the time. If I have it, and they need it, I'm more than happy to share! The kids know this, and come to me when they are in need, mostly for either a pencil or pen, or for paper.

So yesterday, I let a kid borrow a pen, for probably 20th time, and he was appreciative and thankful of course and offered the following comment, just as sincere as he could possibly be:

Mr. Fisher, you know those really fat people on the Discovery Channel? Well, you're not like any of them...you're a lot smaller than that.

A) The kid was honestly trying to be nice...though I worry that he believes that was the best he could come up with...I mean, I'm funny too!

B) Jenny Craig is looking really good now...so I don't eventually end up on the Discovery Channel.

Summer can't get here fast enough!

1 comment:

FarmerW said...

Oh My Gosh that is funny!

Fat Discovery
Mike not nearly that obese
thankful student says.