Monday, September 26, 2005

Just Another Manic Monday...

1. Back porch flooded...on the new carpet.

2. Utilitiy room flooded.

3. Sump pump, which empties into my shower, came on while I was showering and sprayed me with muck water.

4. An accident blocked our way to work, and we had to go around the long way.

5. I hit a dog on the way to work. (It ran away, we think it's okay.)

6. The police came (in the downpour) during the dog incident, and while talking to them, several tractor trailers came barrelling by, soaking us to the skin.

7. I went to school drenched, with my clothes stuck to my legs and belly. With my hair also stuck to my face, I'm sure I looked quite handsome.

8. I taught a workshop today, and I was hot and have a sinus infection...it wasn't pretty.

9. Dolly had trouble breathing and the paramedics had to come and give her oxygen. She refused to go to the hospital, but did comment on the pretty black and white dots she was seeing.

10. The pool had filled completely up, so I attempted to drain it. The pipe came shooting off of the pump, and began to fill the yard with water, and generally make an incredible mess.

11. I had to go to Buff State today for a workshop. It had stopped raining until I came out of the library. Ironically, I noticed the sun starting to peek out just before I heard the riotous clap of thunder that brought with it a Noah-inspired deluge. Of course, I got wet again.

12. And last but not least, to top off the day, we didn't get any good mail.


I have never looked forward to a Tuesday so much in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mikey, Honey - - - -but we don't have hurricanes here - -remember all this when you are enjoying a snow day all snuggly up and your incredible mother - in - law willcome and bring you cheese soup!!!! Love you. Barb