Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Carpet Finally Came!

The carpet for the sun room finally came today, after four missed appointments. The guy came at 6:30, and it took a couple of hours to install. I'm glad its over. If you ever use Custom Carpet Centers...prepare yourself for a hassle. We've gone around with these people for six weeks, but at least it's finally finished, and looks really good. I'll post pictures later in the week.

Liz starts at Starpoint tomorrow. They are having introduction days that she has to attend, but she will be done by Thursday. We both start back formally on September 1st, but will probably work the week before.

I'm still dealing with Bronchitis and a pulled muscle in my chest from coughing. Even getting up and down off the couch hurts, and doing hand stands underwater in the pool didn't help either. I've still got several days of the antibiotic left, but the prednisone is done, thank goodness.

Liz went to Paula's for a Partylite candle party tonight. She didn't spend much; I'm proud of her. However, she's hosting her own party on September 10th, so we've got a month to get the house in tip top shape!

Other than that, not much is going on. While Liz is gone tomorrow, I'm thinking of going to see The Dukes of Hazzard movie...as no one up here can appreciate that level of sophisticated humor, and refuses to go with me. If any of you New Yorkers are reading this and feel any sort of "cinema sympathy," I'm going to the 1:00 show...call me.

TTFN

-Mike

No comments: