Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's been a WHOLE YEAR!

 
I can't believe a whole year has passed since the surgery!  I'm amazed with the results so far and still have a little more to go.  I met with the doctor last week and he was really pleased.  He told me that their expectations for me was in the range of 240-250.  As of today, I'm at 212--down 190 pounds in one year.  I told him I wanted to lose another 25 pounds or so and he said great...but reminded me that I had reset my "set point" and that 25 might be a lofty goal.  We'll see.  Things may be slow, but I'm still losing...little bits at a time.  I'm back to my high school weight, so I'm happy where I'm at. I'm also looking at getting a tummy tuck in the spring...I talked to the doctor about it and he said it was fine and gave me the name of the doctor he preferred that I use, as other patients have had a lot of success.  The lower part of my stomach is really the only bad problem area--I'd like my arms and my butt to be in better shape, but so does 1/2 the population of the planet.  I've got four more weeks with the trainer.  I've lost an additional 8 pounds working with him--I'd like to get another 4 or 5 pounds at least out of that.  My arms and chest are starting to get a little bigger, and he thinks the weight loss will slow way down as the muscle is more dense.  We'll see.  As much as I'm sweating...I can't imagine it slowing down much more than it already is.  All in all, though...this was a great decision...one I wish I'd made 10 years ago.  I feel about as normal as I possibly can...personality and brain damage aside...and I feel like having all the fun I should have been having the last 20 years in my fat suit.  It's going to be work to maintain, but I feel like it's something I can do now...now that I'm a whole year through the hard part!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great, my friend! congratulations.

Anonymous said...

What an awsome accomplishment! I can't wait to dance in the living room again. Get ready to work it :)

Anonymous said...

thats awesome!