Monday, March 24, 2008

6 Month Gastric Update!

Well, it's been six months since the gastric bypass surgery, and I think, more than ever, that it's the best decision I've EVER made. I feel so much better now and I'm mad at myself for not doing this years ago. So many things have changed and can't believe what a difference there is in life now versus six months ago.

Some stats:
  • I've lost 135 pounds so far.
  • I have 65-70 pounds left to lose.
  • I've lost 14 inches in my waist.
  • I've gone from a 4X/5X shirt to a 1X/2X.
  • You can see my eyes when I smile.
  • I'm no longer Morbidly Obese.
  • The High Blood Pressure is gone.
  • The Diabetes is gone.
  • I can wear regular clothes from regular stores. (For instance, I bought a pair of jeans at Wal-Mart for $8. The same pair at the Big and Tall store would be $65.)
  • I can stay on the Elliptical Machine for 45 minutes. (I could go an hour if my foot didn't fall asleep.)
  • I fit in the seats at Movie Theaters and Auditoriums.
  • I'm no longer the biggest person in the room.
  • It's becoming apparent that I'll eventually need plastic surgery if I'm ever going to be a Chippendale's dancer. As it stands right now, I could be a Chippendale's Jiggler.
  • I feel normal, and I haven't felt like that in a long, long time.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Mike! You're amazing and look TERRIFIC! Grow your hair back... I miss it! :)

I hope I'm as successful as you... With you cheering me on, I have a pretty good shot at it!

Easter Lily is precious - as always! :)

love ya!

Cyber Mom-Katie

Anonymous said...

Everyone in the office says you look great... May want to work on the tan...

Love You and I am very proud of you!!! I hope that I can get to the 135 mark.. I am stuck at the 75lb mark...

Love you,
lizzie

Anonymous said...

Mike you look wonderful but best of all you feel good and that's the most important part Keep up the good work!!

Florence and Don from NC