Monday, July 23, 2007

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.


Even after seven books, that is still my favorite Harry Potter quote in the entire series. (From the end of The Chamber of Secrets)

I have finished the seventh book and am both happier and sadder than I've ever been with this novel series. The seventh book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is a masterpiece, so much so that I am devastated that the journey is over and that this world has hit its final stride. Without giving anything away, these final chapters were some of the most harrowing and touching in the series. I loved it. And I can't wait to start reading it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not giving away the ending. I had 50 pages to go when I read your post so I closed it quickly. I liked this book because it made Dumbledore seem more human. He has his faults and they are biggies. Even though Rowling says there won't be another book, there could be. I can't ask questions without giving away the ending.